Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Risen Indeed!

Happy Easter! I hope yours was one of thankful celebration! Our day began with rain and ended up with sunshine! Yay! We had a wonderful Easter dinner with friends. One of our friends made the gorgeous table runner and those beautiful egg candles decorating the table. She also made the table name cards and some incredibly rich chocolate eggs. They were amazing! They all worked so hard on the meal, which included potato & leak soup, honey-baked ham, salad, scalloped potatoes, broccoli & rice casserole, and some home-baked bread. It was fantastic. (Click on the little cutie's photo to some pictures.) She actually took 3 of the pictures, starting with her dad standing and followed by her mom taking her picture, and a friend. She's a natural!
The afternoon was filled with fun and included a walk to see the house that one couple is looking to buy, some puddle-play, and a hilarious game of Catch-Phrase.

After we got home, we still had a little daylight left so I played a little more with my camera and got the following shot of one of our daffodils in bloom. {This is a completely un-doctored photo.} I'm having fun learning and playing with the shutter speed, ISO (film speed), aperture (or f-stop setting), and depth of field setting of my camera. This was taken at about 6pm, with my telephoto lens, and a tripod. The wind was blowing a lot, so I had to wait a while for it to die down so I could steal some shots in between the blusters, but I think it was well worth it. :)


Hope your week is fantastic!

No comments: