Monday, September 13, 2010

Book worm

I never imagined myself as a book worm, but sometimes I just can't get my nose out of one! I LOVE reading! There aren't many {indoor} places that are better than a library or book store! Walking into one gives me such a happy feeling. Maybe it's the anticipation of the places I'll go or the new things I'll learn.

I didn't love it so much as a child, as I was always outdoors and on the move. In reality, my love for reading didn't come until I was an adult and had been married for 3 years. We didn't have a television set in the house and my interest in computer games had waned. Mountain Man was my cattle prod, and once I discovered Christian fiction, I didn't look back! Since about 2001, I have read more books than I read in the previous 26 years of my life! Some of my favorite authors are Francine Rivers, Karen Kingsbury and Nancy Moser. I also enjoy books on specific topics, such as: Bible studies (especially Beth Moore), parenting (in preparation), photography, weight loss (too numerous to count), and DIY. Oh, and I can't forget my large cookbook collection, of which I've been forbidden to increase!

Mountain Man and I feel the necessity of teaching our children the joy and love of reading.
We recently had the opportunity for a little practice with this little cutie the other night when we offered to babysit for some friends. I have started collecting a few children's books, but it dawned on me that I need some help!

Anybody have any favorite children's books (titles/authors)? Any favorite adult books (fiction or non)? Thank you for any suggestions!

Crack a book open today....Oh, the places we'll go!

No comments: