Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Well, it's midnight here and it's still booming all around us! Our neighbors put on a magnificent fireworks display and I enjoyed playing with my camera. I just read how to photograph fireworks using my manual settings in my new favorite photography book, The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby. This was the perfect time to try it, so I kept the camera in manual, mostly on f/11.0, ISO 1600, and a shutter speed of 4 or "Bulb." I think some of them turned out pretty well, considering the distance of the fireworks were difficult to predict and my tripod isn't the easiest to adjust.
Please see my Friendly Fireworks album for more photos.

It's easy to get wrapped up in the festivities...bbq, fireworks, friends, family, fun, but I would like to take this time to list a few people that I know who have contributed to our FREEDOM! Many thanks to the late Charles McCoy (my Pappaw), the late Donald Crafton (my Grandad), Billie Crafton (my Grannie B), Tina (Grannie's friend), Tom Bristol, and Adam Ray. A special thank you to you for your sacrifices.

May God continue to bless the USA!

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I wish I had taken my camera to the fireworks. I love these pictures. We went out on the lake to view ours. There were thousands of boats. It was an incredible sight. Great job on this photography and thanks for sharing this info...

Mindy said...

You are becoming quite the photographer. Those pictures are very cool! I am glad you were able to celebrate the 4th with your neighbors and fireworks.