Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bridal Veil Falls

I met some friends for a hike at Bridal Veil Falls over the weekend while Mountain Man worked at home. He hiked with some coworkers on Friday, so he needed to catch up. We only ended going about half a mile up because some little legs gave out, but after a picnic lunch back at the trail head, I decided to go all the way. The hike is only 2 miles and it was rainy on & off throughout the afternoon. I was surprised that it was actually a fairly easy hike until I got to the 101 steps going up to the base of the falls! Let's just say I got a pretty good aerobic workout in that last leg! Bridal Veil Falls was amazing, even though it was a cold, wet, gray day. The force of the water is unbelievable and I was freezing while admiring the massive falls. There was a constant spray of water and I was worried that the camera would be ruined, but so far it's okay. I actually saw a little wildlife that day (emphasis on LITTLE), too. We saw a gorgeous burnt-orange-backed hummer while having our picnic in the parking lot, and then I saw a cute little plump mouse, scurrying around the falls. The rain cleared up a little on my way back and I actually saw the sun and a glimpse of blue sky. It was a wonderful day!

From Bridal Veil Falls


Follow the link for more fun pictures of our day!

No comments: