Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lord Hill and Spawnfest

A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks. Mostly, I've just been working. I'm now training a new gal and I'm so glad she's there! She's very sweet and smart, and I think she's a great fit for the company.

Last Saturday, we spent the afternoon hiking at a new place that I found, Lord Hill Park, just a few minutes away from the house. It was a hot afternoon and Bex enjoyed swimming and retrieving a stick in a small lake. That evening, I got my hair cut, and on the way home, I happened upon my sweet friend's dog on the side of the road. It was a terrible night and a rough next couple of days. Sunday, we went to a new church and then over to the Bouck's for their house warming party. She had a fun activity of painting rocks for her front flower bed, which was enjoyed by the kids as well as the adults!

This weekend, Shua was in town for an ultimate frisbee tournament, and we went to watch him all day yesterday. He is so athletic and believe me when I say he's got "ups!" We got to watch some of the best ultimate frisbee teams in the country, which was quite a treat!
Spawnfest 2008, Flying Shua scores
Yep, he's got "ups!"
Shua's team, the Alpha Cobra Squadron (ACS) wound up getting 3rd place today. Congratulations to the team!

No comments: