Friday, June 22, 2007

Cards for our hero

Our hero (and BA's fiancee) was deployed to Iraq earlier this month and will be there at least a year, maybe more. Well, as friends and supporters of him and all of the troops, we're on a mission to make some cards for him. We hope it will brighten his day.

Wendy came up with the idea of making challenges so we could get the ball rolling. I have a difficult time coming up with masculine cards because I love the girly stuff. I had a lot of fun making this card and with Wendy's challenge, it enabled me to make choices quicker and go with them. I wasn't second-guessing myself so much. This wasn't my original idea for the card, but I really like how it turned out. I hope BA & Adam like it too!

Challenge #1

Stamp set: A Little Love (on page 84 of SU catty)
Colors: Brown, White, and a color from Bright Bolds
Accessories: at least one type of accessory, whether it be ribbon, brad, glitter, sticker, etc.

The square is punched out of the front so the dog, saying, and doodling is all on the inside. The heart "charm" is made of paper and says "Miss you." Ideally it would dangle straight down, but just getting the card straight on the scanner is challenge enough! The inside reads "Me too!"

No comments: