Sunday, November 11, 2007

First swap

I'm participating in my first ATC (artist trading card) swap where you make small 3.5 x 2.5 card fronts to swap, sometimes using a particular image, theme, etc. Taylor (an amazing artist) over at Taylored Expressions is hosting a huge swap with multiple groups. Each group consists of 9 people, but we will submit 10 cards. Once we mail them to her, she will make sure everyone in the group has one of each design, and then mail them all back out. Frankly, it sounds like a ton of work...so many thanks to Taylor!

I decided to try two different groups, so I've signed up for an SU! swap and an Amuse swap. I'm having fun desiging and making these. Although, I must say that as always, I've included too many steps on this first one, which makes it more difficult and time-consuming to reproduce. But, I love it...and that's the important thing! :-) I needed a tree on Friday and since I don't have a tree stamp, I used a couple of flower stamps to make the grove of trees. These were inspired by my card on Friday. You will notice I changed a few things up; I decided to use another stamp to layer over the flower (it's actually the 2nd stamp used to complete the 2-step-stampin' effect) from Stampin' Up!'s "Heartfelt Thanks" set. I think it helps to define the tree better. And when I went back for more of that lovely Bo Bunny dp (green paper), I found those dainty little pearls. I felt like it needed a little extra punch and they really softened it up.

It's time to go back to the stampin' studio and get busy on the Amuse ATCs. :)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Very fancy! I love them. I also like your new page setup and the picture of you and Nathan in Breckenridge. Very cute!