Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thank you for your Business

I finally finished up the plant database that I've been working on for a tree nursery close to the house. He was my first customer with my new business "Vefficient." I made a "thank you for your business" card because I thought it would be a nice gesture. He's a supernice guy and I was thankful that he gave me some work! Plus, I just had to get up to the stamp "studio" yesterday for some relaxation. :)


Recipe:

For the main image, I used a flower from my SU! Heartfelt Thanks set for the "leaves" and stamped them in various shades of green listed below. I sketched the trunks in and followed with my brown marker. After cutting it out, I used some yellow chalk to soften the contrast of the stark white bg. I "distressed" all edges by running the hard edge of my stamp around it until I was satisfied. I also used a sponge and chocolate chip ink to dirty up the edges of the polka dots and blend better with the burgandy. Tied a ribbon around the image, then mounted on dp. I don't have any oval punches (but I might need some - LOL), so I used MS Word's drawing tool and made a few ovals that nested inside each other. After printing and cutting my "templates," I traced them onto my paper, cut them, distressed edges (same as main image) and mounted using a thick foam tape to give it some depth. This took me some time to make, but it was well worth it. I think this actually came out much prettier in real life. :-) Next time, I think I want to add some hardware in the top left corner - maybe 2 brown brads. :)

Stamps: SU! Heartfelt Thanks, "Thank You" stamp was an SU! incentive stamp (freebie from demonstrator)

Paper: SU! Bravo Burgandy, Bo-Bunny's yummy reversible "Eire Tartan" dp, yellow polka dot dp from a huge pad (name fell off and I didn't think to keep it), and SU! white

Ink: All SU! - Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Brown Fabrico marker

Accessories: Just a simple ribbon to hold down the tree trunks and some light yellow chalk around to soften the stark white places.

I have lots of ATCs to make today and I think this is going to be my SU! one. :) Perfect! Just a smaller tree and I've got it. :) Yay! Now just one more design for my Amuse swap. :D

No comments: