Friday, May 16, 2008

The Gray Fox

Perhaps the greatest delight (aside from seeing my parents and friends) of my Texas trip was seeing this gray fox, up close and personal. I was shaking with excitement while trying to photograph this beauty! It also should be noted that I was without a tripod for my zoom lens, so camera shake was definitely an issue. In any case, I thought he/she(?) was gorgeous!

Remember the turkeys from last post? Well, two of them had been pecking around for a few minutes, when all of a sudden they start clucking back and forth. One clucked and then the other. This went on for a short minute, when this gray fox came right out of the brush and slinks in between the two of them, which are now frozen with fear. He must have been really thirsty because he stayed at the watering hole for a few minutes, while cautiously scanning the area.
All photos were taken at the South Llano River State Park near Junction, Texas and all are the sole property of Melinda Bell.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: