Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Wishing every mother a very happy mother's day. I hope you feel loved and appreciated for all you do. (Especially my Momma.)

I know that my momma deserves an extra-special dose of love this day. She sacrificially gave so much time and other interests to make sure I felt loved...and I did! She gave up teaching in my early years to stay home with me, she sewed most of my clothes, and encouraged me and allowed me to follow my dreams. She taught me to sew and played games with me. When I sat on the toilet, I always wanted her to stay and talk to me. Just as she would walk away to go do something, I would call her back to tell her one other thing or ask her a question. This continued for about 30 minutes (and sometimes more)!! She continuously came back at my request (sometimes a little agitated). She washed my clothes, cooked our meals, and bussed me around here and there. When I was in elementary and middle school, she was at every band concert and every livestock show. When I was older and in band and sports, she was my number one fan (along with my dad). I don't think she missed a game or concert - whether band, show choir, volleyball, basketball, or tennis! She consistently gave up clothes and material possessions for herself to make sure I had that fabulous purple Liz Claiborne purse, or all of the adorable Mickey Mouse stuff I just HAD to have! I am forever grateful to her for the love she showed me, constantly hugging me, kissing me, and telling me so. I have wonderful memories of growing up and am blessed to call her Momma.

I love you, Momma. Thank you for being a wonderful mom.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Melinda Bell, I think you are pretty much the best daughter a mother could have. You are so talented and smart, brave, kind, loving...the list is so long is is useless to even continue. Thank you and you know I love you!

Momma