Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thomas Kinkade

Thomas Kinkade: the magnificent painter of light. He's been around for a while and he's no new thing, but his stamps are new to me! Cornish Heritage Farms has a large Thomas Kinkade Series that continues to grow. I have several of his puzzles that a good friend put together and had framed...that's the only way I can afford his stuff, so I was delighted to find his stamps. I was so excited to see what I could do with one of his images, yet intimidated when I sat down and actually tried to use it! I'm not a Copic gal (yet) and my watercoloring skills are less than par, so the only way I felt I could do this image justice was monochromatic. And let's just all agree that it's a good thing that I'm enrolled in a photography class right now! I used CPS #55 sketch for this card. I discovered CPS (Card Positioning Systems) through a sweet gal from CHF, Keri Lee. Check out her fabulous blog, Pink Lemonade; she's got some fun projects and beautiful creations. Now onto the card...
Stamps: Thomas Kinkade It Doesn't Get Much Better, Sentiment is an SU stamp I received for a door prize (I think they call them incentive stamps)
Ink: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Paper: SU Whisper White, SU Chocolate Chip, Rust pattern from DCWV's The Photo Stack
Accessories: hemp, eyelet

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Totally great! I am so glad you gave the TK images a go! you have done a great job with this one!!!

Anonymous said...

Very neat, love it!

Debbie Olson said...

You did a beautiful job with the TK image and the CPS Sketch--great layout and rusticity--at least I think that's a word! ;-)