Friday, March 7, 2008

Praying the Word

I'm in my second week of Beth Moore's Believing God study, and God has already begun to break down my belief system and change me. This is so good! I really needed this study, and He knew it before I did. :)

Week 1 was all about believing God for my promised land, not only referring to heaven, but a promised land here on earth, just like the Israelites. This place is where my theology merges with reality; a place of God's unapologetic blessing to the obedient; a place where I abide in Christ's love; a place where God brings forth a great harvest; a place of great victory over the enemy; a place where God is willing to work untold wonders, which requires my faith and sanctification.

This week, Week 2, is about believing that God is who he says he is. In my study today, I was really blown away by Jeremiah 33:3 which reads, "Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known." WOW! All I have to do is call to him. That's just amazingly beautiful. Another scripture that really impacted me was Acts 4:23-31, when Peter's & John's friends lifted their voices together, praying Psalm 2:1-2 and asking for Peter and John to continue to speak boldly and perform miracles in the name of Jesus. After their prayer, Acts 4:31 says, "And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness." This just stressed upon me the importance of recalling the Word of God in all situations, especially when I'm filled with fear or anxiety. He immediately answered their prayer; what a wonderful application for my life today.

I hope you're encouraged by what I'm learning; I'm just so excited about it and want to share the good news! My prayer is that God will use this blog for his glory, to encourage my fellow brothers and sisters, and lead others to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen, may God be glorified in our every day lives