Thursday, September 6, 2007

Something different

I was in the mood to try something different today. I think I like this elegant look, although elegant is the last word that anybody would use to describe me! Oh well...I can dream. I must admit that the country bumpkin in me will never go away.

I'm having a rough start this morning. There are so many things I need to get done today, but I'm not feeling well. My glands are sore, my head is thumping, and I'm tired (though I slept for about 10 hours last night)! Maybe if I run my errand to Costco and get out in the beautiful sunshine, I'll feel better.

I started some Portuguese soup last night and I've got it cooking again today. It's so yummy. It was a little overcast yesterday and I was a little chilly, so I thought it would be perfect for dinner, only I got home too late from the grocery store to actually have it, so we scrounged. This recipe is from my MIL, who is a gourmet chef...too big of shoes for me to fill! Thankfully, I have an understanding husband. Anyway, she always served this soup at the restaurant and it's delicious. It's got Elgin garlic sausage, cabbage, ketchup, white vinegar, diced potatoes, kidney beans, onion, garlic, and olive oil. It's also very easy, which I love. I had to settle for Portuguese sausage since we don't have Elgin sausage up here, but I think it goes well, since it's Portuguese! Hubby loves it so much, he had a bowl for breakfast! I neglected to tell him that I was waiting to finish it today. Oh well, he finished the bowl. Here's a picture to entice you. (Sourdough goes great with it!)


1 comment:

Mindy said...

Mmmm...that sounds yummy! Fall will be here soon (I LOVE that we have 4 seasons now). I really enjoy making soup when it is cool and cold out. I may have to ask for the recipe.