Thursday, October 11, 2007

Glorious Galettes

My adventure today was cooking/baking. I've been enjoying cooking a little more lately. This seems to go in cycles like stamping and scrapbooking. I picked up the Better Homes and Garden Holiday Baking magazine in Costco the other day and just had to try these galettes (gu-lets)! If you're thinking sweet...don't. They're a savory delight. :) The one I attempted today had leeks, smoked ham, and gruyere with a few spices. It was yummy! :) I wanted to try it before making it this weekend for my SU! party. I think it will be delightful. Here are a few pics to entertain you. (This was a half-batch for testing.)




2 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks delicious! I bet it's not WW friendly, but maybe it could be tweeked a bit.

Have fun with Wendy! I wish I could be there for your Stampin' Up party. I have only been to the one you invited me to in Austin. That was ages ago!

Bellawhoop said...

It is definitely NOT WW friendly, but I would like to figure out how to make something like this that is healthier. You can literally put anything into the dough, so it's perfect for a quick meal. You can load it up with veggies and meat and have a nice dish with protein, carbs, and veggies. :)