Thursday, February 28, 2008

Believing God

Last night, some ladies at our church began Beth Moore's "Believing God" study. The first session was absolutely wonderful! I'm looking forward to digging in God's Word, which has been lacking in my life lately. I love Beth's excitement about God's Word and the way she gets me excited. I want that all the time - the excitement about hearing from Him, the deep hunger and thirst for righteousness. One thing that really impressed me last night was that often times my theology doesn't merge with my reality. I've fallen asleep spiritually, settling for mediocrity and whining about my life instead of actively looking for my promised land, believing and receiving the Word of God. That's some good stuff! The Holy Spirit really impressed Joshua 3:5 upon me last night. "Then Joshua said to the people, 'Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.' " I need to consecrate myself, be holy, and set apart so he can do a wonderous work in me! I can't wait to share more of what the Lord lays upon my heart.
Hugs,
Mel

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I am with you 110%. I have become lazy and complacent in my spiritual walk. I have blamed it for so long on circumstances - lacking fellowship with other believers - but that should not have an effect on my own disciplines and desires.