Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Garage that Love Built

Okay, my love didn't build it but it did a complete overhaul on it! For N's Valentine gift, I cleaned out and organized the entire garage. I really wanted to repaint the walls, storage cabinets, and work bench, but didn't want to spend the money right now. Besides...it's a garage! I did, however, buy a nice mat for the floor in front of the work bench and some bins for organization. I scrubbed everything from top to bottom (it was FILTHY), bought some tool hangers for the wall boards and hung some frequently-used tools, and organized his nails, screws, nuts, etc. into some bins he bought a few months ago. We intended to do this together shortly after we moved in but never got to it. I thought it would be a nice gift, since N receives love through acts of service. Here's the final look & his card. :) I think he liked it and likes knowing that it's organized.


I made the card for the Ways-to-use-it challenge (WT143) on Splitcoast. We were challenged to use some kind of tape on our card, so I chose duct tape. :-) The tool belt and screws were all made from duct tape. Have a fabulous Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was an awesome gift and much appreciated. I was totally surprised to come home and find everything neatly organized. It is so nice to have it clean. You're the best

Wendy said...

This card is so cute! You are so creative!