Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Heather Lake Snowshoe

A few pictures of the snowshoe trip to Heather Lake from this past weekend with the Mars Hill Outdoors Group are uploaded. Our friends, Ann & Josh went and I'm not sure how much fun they had. It rained on us the whole way up, the trail was difficult to navigate in places with snowshoes (stepping over trees, through rocky creeks, etc.), and their snowshoes were terrible (they had no grip) so they were sliding and falling. I felt so badly for them. On top of all of that, it was their first snowshoeing adventure. I hope they try again sometime because my first time was a wonderful experience - much better than theirs! I realized how much of a difference having good gear actually makes, too, and I was thankful to have some good snowshoes. However, when I got home, my gloves went straight into the trash. They were soaked through for most of the trip and need I say NASTY! I really enjoyed the trip, although I was soaked to the bone. All in all, I missed N but had a surprisingly fun time.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I am glad you ventured out whil N was stuck at home. I don't think I would have been so brave.