Friday, January 25, 2008

Scrap bin cards

Wow, that was a quick night! I had a headache all day yesterday, so when I laid down for bed, the pounding got worse. It actually felt better to sit up in the chair. So, I went to the living room and sat in my chair while perusing (for the 3rd time) the new catty I got from Wendy on Wednesday. I really like it a lot better than the Fall/Winter one. I still couldn't go to sleep; I couldn't even get sleepy. I think my head was just full of ideas, working 90 mph, and I didn't want to lose any of them! It finally dawned on me to check SCS for today's Limited Supply Challenge. I really LOVE today's challenge: Leftovers. We were to use any scraps...paper, ribbon, extra stickers/embellishments, etc. I have an entire expandable file full of scrap paper and tons (literally) of scrap ribbon & other stuff just lying around. I had a ball creating stuff. Here are some of the things I made:

Morgan's 3rd Birthday card...better late than never! :) The candles are all cut out and raised up on dimensionals.

A birthday card for the future...I never seem to have enough of these! The flowers are all up on pretty high dimensionals and look so much cuter IRL.

And finally, my favorite card that I made is for my friend Bobbi's new baby, Alexis. This card has a lot of dimension to it with the little cloud on the right raised up very high and 3 stars below raised up a little bit. The little crystals on the bows are light pink and look so dainty. The clouds are outlined with liquid appliqué, so they look very soft and fluffy. I wish a picture could do it justice, but it just can't! I'll save this for the baby shower, which I'm sure will be soon.Have a fantastic Friday and wonderful weekend!

No comments: