Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lovely as a Tree

I finally used my Lovely as a Tree set the other night. While on my way to Monroe for grocery shopping one day last week, I saw a real beauty of a sunset. It was absolutely gorgeous. I was inspired by that to use my new set. It's very very simple but I love the way it turned out. I intended to watercolor this, but it looked so pretty with just using the chalk, I didn't want to mess it up! I stamped the trees in Stazon black, then chalked over it, using daubers to rub everything in and meld it together. I then punched the moon out of regular paper, added some gray chalk for a little detail, then covered it with crystal effects and popped it off. This will be for a friend, Jeff, who's birthday is Sunday. :)

I'm looking forward to doing lots more with it! Hope your weekend is going great!

No comments: