Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lady Liberty and exciting news

I'm having more fun with the Kim Hughes challenges over at Cornish Heritage Farms. Today's was to use a winged creature. Thankfully, the owl stamps work for that, too, although I must admit to getting a little tired of using Dudley. I'm almost on Dudley burnout, but alas, there's still one more challenge. This brings me to my exciting news...my Kim Hughes stamp collection is growing. I won America the Beautiful yesterday! WOO-HOO! I'm SO excited. :) It's coming at the perfect time, as we're having a 4th of July party! I'll have fun doing some decorating with it.

Now, onto Lady Liberty.
Stamps: CHF U R A Hoot
Paper: SU Sage Shadow, Bashful Blue, Gray, Creative Imaginations polka-dot (unsure of exact name), Watercolor paper
Ink: Black Staz-on, Versamark
Accessories: Textured Trios Double-sided ribbon, K&Company Wedding collection rhinestones

I hand drew the crown, torch, and tablet. And to impart my newly-acquired Lady Liberty knowledge, I discovered that her tablet reads July 4, 1776 in Roman numerals. (Yes, the Roman numerals on my card are actually correct.)

Happy Saturday and happy stamping!

No comments: