Sunday, June 8, 2008

Love Me Tender

This project was made for the CHF Kim Hughes Blitz Combination Challenge. We were to combine Kim Hughes' stamps with other CHF stamps. The Farm has a wonderful line of Elvis stamps and I couldn't resist this guitar!

Well...it's Dudley at least one more time. I'll probably put him away for a while, although I do like dressing him in different outfits. I pulled another all-nighter tonight (very stupid of me) and came up with this:
It's a decorated CD and holder. I thought it would be fun to add some Elvis tunes and give as a gift. :)
The back lists the rest of the lyrics to "Love Me Tender," which was all computer-generated.
And this is the actual CD. I drew the hearts with a Sharpie and outlined them with a silver pen.

And here's a close-up of Elvis. His hair just didn't look right so I cut it off. And how do you like his flashy jumpsuit?! Can you see his microphone? Can you even tell that it IS a microphone?!

Okay, I'm off to get some sleep before church! Guess I'll need to drink a pot of coffee in a couple of hours! LOL

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Loved all your dressed up owls during the Blitz but this one absolutely takes the cake - fantastic! Love his bling jumpsuit and the fact you did him on a CD is awesome - love it!

Mindy said...

That is really cool. I like the cd idea. You are very creative!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, MAN! This is over-the-top creative! I love the sideburns, the glitz on the suit--every little detail! I love how your mind works! ;-)