Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Turtle Love


The Kim Hughes Blitz over at Cornish Heritage Farms has several daily challenges and the one for Thursday is a limited supplies challenge, meaning you can only use the listed supplies.

The limited supplies challenge for Thursday is:
1. button(s)
2. ribbon

3. cardstock
4. stamps (your choice)

5. color scheme: orange, lime green, chocolate brown and cream

I really don't feel I "limited" myself on this card, but I like it nonetheless. I've had fun coming up with ideas for all of the challenges and can't wait to show you Friday's card! :)

So here's.................Tyson.............and girlfriend! For some reason that reminds me of "CaptainnnnnnnnnnnnnCaveeeeeeeeemannnnnnnnnn...............and son!" Okay, on to the card. :-)

I absolutely {heart} this bow! The idea was created by Holly McMillen, aka Toy from SCS, and author of Toy's Haven - her darling blog! Seriously, you must check her out; she is fabulous! The layout was one I stumbled upon while browsing the fabulous Leigh O'Brien's blog, Sunflower Studio. I loved the way this card looked from her April 19th post. Isn't she incredibly talented? Go ahead...peruse through her blog. You won't be disappointed!

Stamps: CHF Tyson the Turtle (April Stamp of the Month), U R A Hoot (sentiment), SU Simply Circles
Paper: Kraft Cardstock, SU Pumpkin CS, Misc. dp (orange plaid & green polka-dots)
Ink: Brown Staz-On, Versamark, and SU Green Galore, Only Orange, Pumpkin (for watercoloring)
Accessories: Details & Accessories Brown Satin Ribbon, American Crafts Orange Polka-dot ribbon, aquapainter, Crystal Effects, Orange Glitter Glue, foam tape, corner rounder

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I thought I left a comment here earlier, but I don't know what happened.

I think this card is SO cute! I really like the turtles.