Friday, June 6, 2008

We Want YOU Back Home

The Kim Hughes blitz over at Cornish Heritage Farms continues on. I've never seen so many amazing cards! I've had so much fun participating. Onto today's card...

Back during WWI, there was a popular poster created by James Montgomery Flagg to support the American war effort. It consisted of Uncle Sam in the middle, pointing at you with his index finger, and read "I Want You in the U.S. Army." Although I wasn't alive during WWI, this image has remained popular and has been around for as long as I can remember. The idea to combine this with Dudley the owl has been in my mind for a while now and I finally got the opportunity to put it to paper. :)

Stamps: CHF U R A Hoot
Paper: SU Navy, White, Red, Watercolor
Ink: Black Staz-On; For Watercoloring: SU Cocoa, Pumpkin, Navy
Accessories: Clear bling stickers, old button, white and navy ribbon, White EP, dimensionals, and white stuffing

His suit and bow tie are hand-drawn. I also drew his hat, using the base of the Santa hat from the U R A Hoot set as the base. Pillow stuffing came in handy for his beard and hair. And of course, finished him off by pointing his wing at you. I am sending this to a friend's husband who is currently serving in Iraq. I hope he feels appreciated!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: